Internship Program (Ages 12-18)
Our Intern program here at TMC provides students with a great opportunity to learn leadership skills, interact with and teach younger children, and be a positive role model for others. Students interested in applying for this program must be mature, responsible, and have a positive attitude. Students who are accepted into the program will either be assigned as a front office assistant or studio assistant depending on TMC’s needs for the school year.
Studio assistants will be required to attend a meeting at the beginning of the school year. They will learn how to assist and help out during classes. Students must have at least 2-3 years of dance experience. Depending on class sizes, we usually accept 3-4 assistants for the school year. The Studio Assistant will be assigned to a specific class that they will be responsible for helping out with for the school year.
Students who are interested in being an office assistant must have excellent communication skills as they will be interacting with students and parents. They will perform basic office tasks, help organize and restock the dance boutique, work on mailings, help pick up and keep the studio neat. We will be accepting 1-2 office assistants for the school year.
- Students may request letters of recommendation for college or other programs.
- Learn leadership and mentoring skills
- For those interested in pursuing a career in teaching, this is a great way to gain more insight and learn what is involved when teaching.
- Students who participate in this program will earn $100 Dance Dollars per 12-week session. This can be applied to tuition or towards 50% of dance boutique purchases.
- Assistants will receive special acknowledgement in our monthly newsletters and at our Annual Spring Performance.
- Students must be 12 -18 years old.
- Must be responsible and mature, and be willing to commit to the whole school year.
- Parent/Guardian approval of participation in program and must be aware of the time commitment that is required.
- Students must be enrolled in two or more dance classes per week and a minimum of 2-3 years of dance experience.
- To apply the student must submit an essay stating why they would like to participate and why they would be a good candidate. This can be emailed to the director at [email protected]