Here at TMC safety is our number one priority during the COVID Pandemic.
Starting September 8, 2021 all of our classes will be returning to fully in-person. A virtual option will remain for some of our children’s classes & all of our adult classes.
UPDATE, Starting August 6, 2021: As most of you may be aware, COVID restrictions have started to lift in Massachusetts. However, we are still requiring everyone to wear a mask when entering the studio. We plan to do so until a vaccine is available for students under 12 years of age or the risk factor has become extremely low for the unvaccinated population. We have a lot of younger students and we want to continue to provide a safe environment for everyone.
Students will need to wear masks during classes, the only exception will be for our adult classes.
Adult Classes: Students who are fully vaccinated may take their masks off in their class, if they wish. However, they must be kept on when they are outside their class. So when entering or exiting the building or using the restrooms masks must be kept on.
For those coming to the studio for in-person classes, below are all our current protocols. Our goal is to keep all of our students, families, & faculty as safe as possible. We will continue to update this section with the latest news & our requirements. Please remember to follow all of the protocols, those who do not are putting everyone at risk:
- Everyone entering the building MUST wear a mask, except for those ages 2 & under. Students & teachers will be required to wear a mask during classes. We highly suggest wearing a mask that is made of breathable material.
- We ask everyone to please wait outside near the front door when arriving for class. The teacher will come out and escort students in once they have cleaned surface areas in the studio between classes. Parents are asked to wait outside to cut down on traffic in the studio.
- When class ends students will be escorted back outside, parents are asked to remain outside.
- Students who have classes in Studio B and C, will enter through the main door. Students who have classes in Studio A, will enter & exit through the screened in door area, that goes directly into Studio A.
- Parents of younger children, Kindergarten and under, one parent may enter & escort their child into the studio, but are asked to leave and return at the end of the class, once they and their child feel comfortable.
- For any students with separation anxiety, one parent may come in, but once your child has become comfortable, we ask that you please wait outside the building.
- Other than the above, we kindly request all parents to not enter the building during classes. The bike path is right outside if you want to take a walk or we have an outside area in the back of the studio if you would like to bring a folding chair and sit there when weather permits.
- If you have any questions or need to purchase dancewear, parents are welcome to enter and come in to the office, our office manager is available to help you. However, there is a limit of 2 customers at a time. We kindly ask you to wait outside until the customer before you leaves, if
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms please do not come to class, you are welcome to take a makeup class. If you show up with any symptoms you will be sent home. If you have been traveling out of state, please take a COVID test before returning to class or quarantine.
- When entering & exiting the building, we ask everyone to stop at our hand sanitizer stations to clean their hands. We have installed hands free dispensers throughout the building.
- The studio floors have been marked with tape. Students have a 6 ft. square for center work, to keep students spread out as much as possible. Update: In classes with students 12 and up, we will be easing our social distancing, however we will do our best to keep students at a safe distance from each other.
- Students will be allowed to bring a small bag with their dance shoes and water. Please arrive already dressed in your dance attire. All other items must be left at home. Students who are at the studio for multiple classes in a row may bring a snack. We will no longer have cups near the sink for water, but students may refill their water bottles. Please remember to bring water & we still have water bottles available for purchase, for $1.
- All studios will be cleaned between classes, surface areas will be wiped down. Classes will end a few minutes early to allow for this.
- We will be leaving studio windows open for air circulation and also have HEPA air filters in each studio.
- The waiting room will remain closed at this time, until further notice.